It's always reassuring to be reminded that people much more talented than myself make mistakes, too. And I especially appreciate it when they share those mistakes in the form of advice:
On avoiding IT mistakes: Rick Cattell's Things I Wish I Learned in Engineering School:
- Good technology is only 10% of "real world" success
- It's frustrating to spend years of your career building things that aren't used
- Maybe you can avoid some of my mistakes
On avoiding creative mistakes: Hugh Macleod's How to Be Creative:
- Ignore everybody.
- The idea doesn't have to be big. It just has to change the world.
- Put the hours in.
- If your biz plan depends on you suddenly being "discovered" by some big shot, your plan will probably fail.
- You are responsible for your own experience.
The comments to this entry are closed.